Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Need to Have My Physical Needs Met:

Part 1 of "These Are My Needs As A Resident"

I need to have food that I like to eat. I need to feel that I have choices, and that my preferences will be honored. I need to get a shower or bath regularly. I need to be toileted when necessary, and not have to wait too long. I need you to know that it is humiliating to me when I know I smell, and can’t do anything about it. Or, if I am cognitively impaired or unable to speak, I need you to be able to make decisions that are best for me regarding food consistency, my swallowing difficulty, and to know when it is time to change my pamper. And, please be patient with me if I put up a fight during shower time, because I don’t always know who you are, and it frightens me.

No comments: